When working with changes in the sales process its essential to have a clear view of the customer journey. Therefore we have created a short questionnaire for some of the basic questions that the sales team should discuss and try to answer.
This can result in a list with the typical steps to a closed deal that can be used when discussing changes.
This is primarily created for B2B sales where there is a need for configuration of the product and a quotation as the first step.
- When is the sales team first contacted by a potential customer?
- How is the sales team contact by a potential customer (email, forms, phone, etc)?
- Is there a difference in how new potential customers and existing customers communicate with the sales team?
- What are the major types of customers that exist today (direct sales, distributors, government procurement, small businesses)
- What information / documents does the customer need to provide to the sales team to get price and quote?
- Are there any typical control questions that are important to discuss with the customer?
- Are there any invalid preconceptions that the customer has when they first contact sales?
- How do you handle requests that does not fit with solutions that you offer or recommend?
- What are the main reason for iterations with the client that leads to many versions of a quotation?
- What info / documents is needed to give the customer a new quotation (Bill Of Materials, drawings, visualisations, cad-files)
- How does the customer receive the quotation?
- How does the customers decision process look after they have received a quotation?